Customization Options - A Ring That’s Unique to You
November, 12 2019
One of the benefits of working with established experts in the jewelry business is being able to bring to life your vision of the ideal wedding or engagement ring. Every loving relationship is unique, and as such, the rings available from John Atencio are truly one-of-a-kind, and inspired by the passion and beauty that is integral to love itself.
Because we want you to be absolutely thrilled with your ring selection, we can help you put the power of customization into your own hands. You might be surprised to learn what modifications can be made to your John Atencio ring of choice, and with the close counsel from the jewelry design professionals at John Atencio, the resulting ring will be an iconic representation of your long lasting love for each other.
There are four key areas where your customized ring preferences can be incorporated into the final design. These areas include:
- Choice of precious metal
- Ring style
- Gemstone size and shape
- Personalization through engraving
Choosing the Precious Metal
As you may already know, higher karat ratings for gold represent higher purity of elemental gold in the ring itself. However, karat ratings above 18 aren’t necessarily ideal for most rings. The reason for this is because pure, 24-karat gold is actually very soft, making it prone to denting or wearing over time.
For this reason, 18-karat gold is the perfect choice for most rings and the standard for all John Atencio bridal rings. Variations within 18-karat gold ring styles include:
- White and yellow gold combination. This choice results in a ring that shimmers and glows similarly to yellow gold, but with an enhanced whiteness that many find irresistible.
- White gold. Technically speaking, white gold is a gold alloy that uses at least one kind of white metal in its composition. These white metals can include nickel, silver, or palladium. White gold is preferable for those who want classic ring styling without committing to a gold hue.
- Yellow gold. Ah, the beauty of yellow gold...it simply cannot be put into words. Yellow gold is often imbued with either copper, silver, or a combination of the two in order to produce a striking, colorfully powerful gold ring.
- Rose gold (or white/rose gold combination). Not to be confused with red or pink gold, rose gold is a gold and copper alloy that has a warm, vibrant color that is perfectly suited to a diamond setting.
- Platinum. Platinum is more ductile but less malleable than gold, making it slightly more challenging to work with. However, the extra effort results in a truly stunning ring that has a shine and brilliance all its own.
Choosing the style of ring that best reflects your personal taste can take some time. There are dozens to choose from, and they each have their own distinct, timeless look.
Bridal Ring designs from John Atencio reflect his unique artistry and commitment to craft. They fall under three main categories: diamond engagement rings, Men’s wedding bands, and women’s wedding bands. In choosing your ring style, it’s highly advised that you work directly with one of the experts at John Atencio—we’ll walk you through all of your options and answer all of your questions along the way.
If the ring you select has a setting for a diamond or other gemstone, it’s time to move on to selecting the perfect centerpiece for the ring of your dreams.
Gemstone Size and Shape
Let’s talk diamonds.
Cut, color, clarity, and carat weight are the ‘Four Cs’ that determine the value and brilliance of a diamond. Some diamonds can be exceptionally large in size yet without the color or clarity that a smaller diamond of a similar cut might have. Then again, an ‘ideal’ cut diamond might not be the perfect aesthetic or fit for the setting you’re considering.
At John Atencio, our goal is to help you customize a ring that strikes the perfect balance of precious metal choice, ring style, and gemstone selection—all within your budget. So, for example, if a Princess Cut diamond is more appealing to you than other diamonds, we’ll make sure that the setting and ring style coordinate with it.
We know that the choices you make in the customization of your ring are very important. To get the most out of your investment, we’ll work one-on-one with you until the perfect ring is determined.
John Atencio – A Colorado Tradition Since 1976.