Join Our Team
Location: Denver, Colorado
John Atencio Goldsmith, Ltd is currently looking for a Staff Accountant and Office Administrator at their Cherry Creek Mall Management location. In this luxury designer jewelry environment, we are looking for a responsible, experienced and organized professional with a minimum 5 years of direct experience in bookkeeping and general accounting. A degree in Accounting is desirable. The ideal candidate will be able to work well with senior management, merchandising and individual store sales teams.
The John Atencio jewelry collection reflects over 43 years of artistry and dedication to his craft. The rich John Atencio history is about personally inspired designs, meticulous attention to detail, superior craftsmanship and providing each customer with a uniquely John Atencio experience. John is a legend in the industry with seven retail stores in Colorado.
As a company, John Atencio is passionate about building and growing the business within Colorado and the luxury sector. Our focus is on creating a positive, supportive workplace environment – and helping each person grow and develop to their fullest potential.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
Among other responsibilities needed for our Staff Accountant, the areas that are most important to this position include the following:
- Assist in monthly close process and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Input vendor invoices into accounting software and prepare checks for management to sign and review
- Update the vendor wire transfer report when preparing checks
- Perform monthly reconciliations of general ledgeraccounts
- Generate detail accounts receivable aged invoice report weekly
- Perform day-to-day bookkeeping functions such as downloading detail information for input into accounts payable
- Calculate monthly sales commissions, process payroll and submit payroll to a third-party processor
- Complete daily and monthly reconciliation
- Prepare annual budget and forecast sales by business channel
- Prepare weekly cash flow reporting
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and analysis
- Report monthly sales figures to landlords
- Prepare and file monthly sales tax return
- Work closely with diamond vendors on payment and reconciliation
- Manage and oversee controls of corporate credit cards
- Prepare monthly P&L’s by location
- Assemble mail and delivery
Must be proficient in Mass90, Microsoft excel and Payrollprocessing. Retail Pro proficiency is a plus.
If you are interested in sending a resume, please send to: email@example.com