Join Our Team
Location: Denver Headquarters. Sales training in a store location will be required.
John Atencio Goldsmith, Ltd is currently looking for a Merchandising and Inventory Coordinator to work closely with the internal merchandising team. They will be responsible for processing all incoming and outgoing shipments as well as maintaining the smooth flow of inventory to six retail stores and the wholesale channel. The inventory coordinator will report to the Director of Merchandising. They will be responsible for the monitoring and processing of factory shipments, special orders and shipments from outside vendors - while maintaining consistent ongoing communication with retail stores and the wholesale channel on delivery updates. Responsibilities also include the smooth processing of wholesale account orders and shipments as well as reaching out to retailers on the specifics of each order.
In this luxury designer jewelry environment, we are looking for a detail-oriented, self-starter who is able to easily engage with the team and with store personnel. The ideal candidate should have prior experience with managing a detailed inventory and delivery system. This individual will work closely with the design team.
The John Atencio jewelry collection reflects over 44 years of artistry and dedication to his craft. The rich John Atencio history is about personally inspired designs, meticulous attention to detail, superior craftsmanship and providing each customer with a uniquely John Atencio experience. John is a legend in the industry with six retail stores in Colorado, a wholesale and ecommerce business.
As a company, John Atencio is passionate about building and growing the business beyond Colorado and within the luxury sector. The focus is on creating a positive, supportive workplace environment and helping each person grow and develop to their fullest potential.
- Positive self-starter that is prepared to work in a fast-paced, team-centric work environment.
- Organized and comfortable working in a busy environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and take responsibility for most of the daily backend operations.
- Ability to maintain accurate in-house and store inventories.
- Prepared to organize and participate in bi-monthly inventories and all follow-up reconciliation with all stores and with the support of the team.
- Able to follow internal control procedures and maintain inventory consistency.
- Process all incoming and outgoing shipments within the business day they are generated.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed in all cases.
- Process damaged product and send out for metal refining.
- Work with store personnel daily to receive in customer special orders, diamonds and other products from outside vendors, and store to store transfers.
- Run weekly sales reports to analyze sales and determine replenishment needs. Communicate with Merchandising Director on recommendations and issues that are arising.
- Organize weekly balance transfers between all retail stores. Meet store inventory requirements, as established.
- Work with Wholesale division on customer order processing, customer follow-up and shipping.
- Develop inventory strategies to support the selling process and to maintain our warehouse standards.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong customer-service skills
- Solid written, verbal and email communications skills
- Strong time-management, follow-up and documentation skills.
- Must be able to keep area clean and organized to ensure all inventory is safely maintained.
- Proficient computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Experience in the Jewelry industry preferred but not required.
- Knowledge in RPRO and Mas90 operating systems a plus.
Work Location: Denver Headquarters. Sales training in a store location will be required.
Benefits: At John Atencio, we provide a competitive pay and benefits program. Our comprehensive health care program is through Co-Advantage and includes an elective multi-level medical plan. This includes electives for dental and vision. We offer an employee jewelry purchase program and paid time-off (PTO).